Crock Pot Green Enchilada Chicken Soup
- 2.5 lbs of boneless skinless Chicken Breasts or thighs
- 28 oz can of Green Enchilada sauce
- 24oz of Chicken broth
- 1 Cup half and half or heavy whipping cream
- 1 Cups Monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed at room temp
- 4oz Green Salsa ( salsa verde)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In Crock Pot add Chicken breasts or thighs, green enchilada sauce and chicken broth…cook on low for 6-8 hrs
- About 30 min before serving Remove Chicken and Shred.
- then add shredded chicken, Jack Cheese, Cream Cheese, 1/2 and 1/2 and green salsa to crock pot.
- stir until cheeses are melted.
- * you can add additional salsa for taste.
- You can top with sliced avacado, Cilantro, green onion